OPERATIONAL GUIDELINES – UPDATED DECEMBER 2020
Tier 2 – High Alert
In accordance with the Government’s guidelines, we are implementing measures to assist in keeping YOU and OUR staff safe whilst being able to enjoy your experience at The Hovingham Inn. These measures will be followed until there are further government updates on social distancing inside and outside the pub.
- Please wear a face mask upon entry, walking around inside, and when leaving the premises.
- Our staff will continue to wear face coverings and wash their hands frequently and will be their normal helpful selves while maintaining the social distancing rules. Regular cleaning duties will continue between customers coming and going.
- Tables are spaced out according to the 2 metre rule. Pre-booking your table to dine is advisable.
- Booked timings must be adhered to, to ensure distancing and no backlog of guests waiting to be seated.
- On arrival, you will be seated where you must remain, other than to use the conveniences. Table service continues.
- Alcohol may only be served if you are dining with us. The bar will be fully stocked as usual.
- There is to be NO standing whatsoever, and no sitting at the bar.
- We will close at 23.00, though this may be earlier depending on circumstances.
- There is a legal requirement to collect customer names and contact numbers/email addresses and retain them for a period of time, should there be a need for future contact. This information will be kept confidential.
- There will be a ONE WAY system operating inside the pub.
- ENTRY will be via the front door, off the street, into the Bar and EXIT will be via the rear car park door.
- Payment can be made using cash or card.
- Hand sanitizers will be available throughout the pub and should be used frequently.
- Dogs are most welcome and are allowed in the Bar and outside spaces only.
- Children are most welcome at the pub and must be accompanied by an adult AT ALL TIMES. It is the adult’s responsibility for the child whilst visiting the pub.
- No more than 6 persons may congregate outside – this is the ‘rule of 6’.
- We are all responsible to keep as safe as practically possible when visiting our premises.
We thank you for your attention, and we hope to see you again very soon.
Lindsey & Richard and the whole team.